VISITORS

mercredi 24 novembre 2010

FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NO CARS FOR 2011/POUR CEUX QUI VEULENT LOUER UNE VOITURE POUR 2011

PAMELA , NOTRE AMERICAINE CONCURRENTE NOUS EXPLIQUE COMMENT ELLE FIT SANS AVOIR SA PROPRE VOITURE . A VOUS LES FUTURS PARTICIPANTS PARISIENS .

READ PAMELA COMMUNICATION ABOUT HOW SHE SUCCEDED TO RENT A CAR FOR RALLY PURPOSE:

Hello –

Well, it wasn’t easy! I was told about 8 months ago to contact SARK in August to find a car & I did so, but no one ever answered me. I dug up a bunch of my old Suriname tourist stuff & started e-mailing & calling every rental car agency I could find. But Fernandes came through in the end (they initially told me in September that they were already out of cars), & Ria with Fernandes Autohandel responded. Her contact info is: Ria Wong A Fa [r.wongafa@fernandesautomotive.com] She was AMAZING! Initially quoted $175/day for an Isuzu Trooper but charged us $150, and though we picked up the truck on Wednesday & returned it the following Wednesday, only charged us for the 4 days of the rally.

However, it was up to us to get the computer installed & the car wrapped. Ria, however, arranged it all for us. She set us up w/ Suriname Motors to rent the computer. I think they charged us $15/day for the computer, though installation was over $100. She also set us up w/ the guy to do the auto wrapping. I think there are many, but this guy charged about $150. Fernandes required it. I also recommend getting insurance! We didn’t (we were stupid) and had to pay for the broken windshield. I could have gotten insurance separately, though the company who insures me here in Eritrea, and I didn’t do it. But especially after this rally, I see the high likelihood of getting some bumps & scrapes, so will surely do so the next time.

I don’t have the phone number for Fernandes but my husband does, I’ll ask him for it. Woody? I recommend contacting Ria directly the summer before the rally (July/August) and work with her directly to make a reservation, maybe even get a sponsor.

One other person we have rented a 4x4 from (on previous trips to Suriname) also rents 4x4’s for the rally, and was in the rally himself, Ravie: ravie@hotmail.com, tel no.=8588933. We talked with him during the rally – some of his trucks included the Dutch folks in the green Bergendal truck and I think also the Dutch folks in yellow #62. He said he charges a flat fee of 700 Euro, but I don’t think that includes wrapping or computer; it may include insurance. So he’s another good contact, but I think you’ll also want to talk with him early, as he didn’t have any 4x4’s left by September.

Hope this information helps! Let me know if you have any questions, and I’ll send you Fernandes’ number once my husband sends it to me.

Warm regards,

Pam

Pamela J. Hack

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire